Monday, January 19, 2009

Learn with Joy

Referencing my notes about not telling the truth when I was allowed to take the car the first time, there is a wonderful verse in the Book of Mormon, Jacob 4:3 that teaches something about all that. It reads:

...and we labor diligently to engraven these words upon plates, hoping that our beloved brethren and our children will receive them with thankful hearts, and look upon them that they may learn with joy wnd not with sorrow...

I knew without a doubt when I was 15 years old that I should tell the truth. I had been taught many times how important that was. Obviously, it hadn't sunk in very deep for I lied. If only I had been wise enough to believe and follow what I had been taught, and simply told the truth. If I had learned to tell the truth by being taught I would have learned with joy, but because I had to experience the consequences of not telling the truth before I would believe what I was taught, I learned with a good deal of sorrow.

1 comment:

  1. You may remember that we share family history moments in family night. This was a good one and with 3 teenagers and a soon to be teen, this was a good story to hear. I'm afraid you're mother was more patient than I would have been. But this was a good lesson in being a mom as well.

    ReplyDelete